Exactal Releases CostX 6.6
Exactal is very pleased to announce the release of CostX® 6.6, the latest in an exceptional range of releases for CostX®. It contains a wide array of features designed to assist clients in making their estimating faster, smarter & more accurate, including several key requests from customers.
One of the key new features is the ability to select multiple dimensions on 2D drawings at once and apply actions to them. Users can click to select Dimensions one by one, or draw a box around a region on the drawing to select all of the Dimensions in the box at once. With multiple dimensions selected, users can then apply various actions to the selection directly from the drawing, such as apply a new height, delete selected dimensions or change zones.
Some of the other great features include:
- Selected 2D Dimensions can be moved, rotated and mirrored with a set of new editing tools.
- Selected 2D Dimensions can be copied and pasted both on same drawing and to other drawings.
- Support for multiple Zone Categories is now available, where dimensions can be assigned to up to 8 different zones.
- Automatic Screen Pan is now supported while measuring or revising lengths and areas, as well as in Calibration mode.
- On the drawing, the Dimension labels can now optionally show quantity information.
- Custom Reports can now be created using Standard Reports as templates. This allows advanced editing in the report designer without starting from scratch, saving time and making it easy to create professional, customised report outputs.
Plus much more!
Our CostX® 6.6 new features video can be viewed here and the release notes can be downloaded here. We’ve also released a webinar that covers the new features in depth as part of our CostX® Coffee Break series. To view the new webinar, click here.
All customers under maintenance are recommended to upgrade to CostX® 6.6. Customers with maintenance may download CostX® 6.6 through Exactal’s dedicated support site TechWeb at http://techweb.exactal.com/downloads. As soon as the type of product has been selected, and your valid serial number entered, the new version may be downloaded. Users may retrieve their serial number by copying the text from the About box in CostX®. Updated documentation, such as new manuals and upgrade guides, can also be downloaded at http://techweb.exactal.com/documentation/.
PLEASE NOTE: This upgrade is only valid for users under maintenance. Users who are not under maintenance but who would like to upgrade should contact their local Exactal office or reseller here. Some features only apply to the full version of CostX®. Users wanting to upgrade from a different Exactal product to CostX® should also contact their local Exactal office or reseller.
For further enquiries please contact Exactal Sales via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Established in Brisbane, Australia in 2003 to develop software specifically for the quantity surveying and estimating market, Exactal has continued to expand its worldwide presence. It now has offices in Brisbane & Melbourne in Australia, London & Manchester in the UK, Auckland in New Zealand, Austin in the USA, Kuala Lumpur in Malaysia, and Singapore and Hong Kong. The company also has sales and channel partner support across much of the globe. The main product CostX® provides an integrated BIM and 2D on-screen measurement solution with a unique integration between the cost estimates and the elements on the drawing files that the estimate represents. This approach keeps estimates up to date and allows drawing revisions to be easily evaluated to eliminate traditional scope creep in construction projects.